12/29/2009

Mafia Wars Moscow Faberge Egg Oddity

On a completely unrelated note, I've noticed something strange going on with collections in Mafia Wars Moscow, and I'm not alone.

Something is wrong with this picture.


Note that I only have 1 Pansy egg, and that was a gift from a friend. You can only hold 5 of each collection piece, and for some reason, I hit the cap on every other item but never can find a single Pansy egg. This isn't new either, this has been plaguing me since Moscow's release.

Sometimes kind souls give me Pansy eggs I send myself Pansy eggs from a second account, at which point I vault the collection and start over, but in the end I am always just waiting on another gift. I've found at least 30 of each of the other types of eggs and have only found at best 3 Pansy eggs. At first I thought I was crazy, and random loot is random, and all that stuff, so I just brushed it off.

I then later noticed the same phenomenon on another one of my accounts, but with a different egg. Same thing though - 5 of everything and none of another. I still thought I was just imagining it and that the RNG was infallible, but then I received this e-mail from Scott, a reader of the blog:

On top of that, they seem to have made one item from each collection far rarer. if I pull up my Moscow Vault Collections page, I note that I have far less (in most cases, zero) of the third item (starting from the left) than anything else. Everything else is capped at 5.

On a whim, I dumped all my Eggs to a different account, and went back into Ep. 6 to get Carbon Blades. All of a sudden, I started getting Eggs again. Except for the Military Egg, which is 3rd from the left.

I don't know how much of this you already knew, or whether any of it's worth posting, but thought I'd pass it along.


Scott, this is definitely worth posting. The people.. they need to know the truth. The only question left is, how many countless others out there have experienced a similar devastating decorated egg drought?

Edit:

Look at this trading post on the forums. This guy has 30 of every egg type for trade except for one egg, which he only has single digits of. Top that!

No comments:

Post a Comment